Film studies book, analyzing art house films from the African continent and the African diaspora, this book showcases a new generation of auteurs with African origins from political, aesthetic, and spectatorship perspectives.
- Focuses on art house cinema and discusses commercial African cinema
- Enlarges our understanding of African film to include thematic and aesthetic influence
- Highlights aesthetic and political aspects including racial identity, women’s issues, and diaspora
- Heavily illustrated with over 90 film stills
- Features selected stills integral to the filmic analysis in full color
- Moves beyond Western-oriented analytical paradigms.
More information available on the publisher’s website.