- Ph.D., Emory University, 2000
- Chivalry and Romance in the Medieval East
- The Adventures of Gillion de Trazegnies
- J. Paul Getty Publications, 2015
- Pornographic Archaeology
- Medicine, Medievalism and the Invention of the French Nation
- University of Pennsylvania Press, 2013
- Thinking Through Chrétien de Troyes
- D.S.Brewer, 2011
- Bloodless Genealogies of the French Middle Ages
- Translatio, Kinship, and Metaphor
- University Press of Florida, 2005
Field of InterestContinental French, Anglo-French, and Outremer literature, historiography, and culture; Mediterranean studies; Manuscript studies; Medievalism; History of sexuality; Translation studies
LanguagesFrench, Old and Middle French, Latin, Italian, Middle English, Croatian
- Professor, 2013-to date
- Associate Professor, 2008-2013
- Assistant Professor, Department of French and Francophone Studies, UCLA, 2005-2008
- Assistant Professor, Department of Modern Foreign Languages and Literatures, Boston University, 2001-2005
- Visiting Instructor, Department of Modern Languages and Literatures, Agnes Scott College, 2000-2001
Fellowships and Activities
Fellowships & Awards
- Fellow, John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation, 2016, http://www.gf.org/fellows/all-fellows/zrinka-stahuljak/
- J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board, Fulbright Research Scholar, 2012-2013.
- Member, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Sciences, 2005-2006.
- Junior Fellow, The Society of Fellows, Humanities Foundation, Boston University, Fall 2003.
- Teaching Excellence Award, Honors Program, Boston University, 2002-2003.
- Associate Director, UCLA Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, 2008-2012.
- Blog Post, Medieval Manuscripts Alive: Middle French
- Blog Post, Two “Tipsy Medievalists” Share Their Passion for Illuminated Manuscripts