Sorry, but you do not have permission to view this content.
Maestría, Letras Latinoamericanas, (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, 2011)
M.A., Comparative Literature, (UCLA, 2014)
C.Phil., (UCLA, 2016)
- “From Don Quixote to Doña Marina: Inter-imperial Translation in Early Modern Europe,” Forthcoming in Transitions: A Journal of Franco-Iberian Studies, 11 (Spring 2016).
- “‘The Most Wonderful Collection of Original Documents in the United States’: Notes on the Lives and Work of Two New Orleans Translators,” with Susan Tucker, Collections: A Journal for Museum and Archive Professionals, 11:3 (2015): 213-228.
- “‘The Books of the Office in my Charge’: A Case Study on the English Translation of a New Orleans Spanish Colonial Judicial Record,” Collections: A Journal for Museum and Archive Professionals, 11:3 (2015): 229-242.
- “La descolonización espiritual como práctica multidisciplinaria en la obra de José María Arguedas,”Revista de Crítica Literaria Latinoamericana, No. 72 (2010): 217-231.
Field of Interesttransatlantic history and translation, early modern French and francophone cultures of translation, history of the book, 20/21st century Latin American literature and cultural criticism, colonial archive in 20th century fiction
LanguagesEnglish, Spanish, French
Comp Lit 2AW: Survey of Literature: Antiquity to the Middle Ages (Winter 2013)
Comp Lit 2BW: Survey of Literature: Middle Ages to Seventeenth Century (Fall 2012)
Comp Lit 2CW: Survey of Literature: Enlightenment to the Twentieth Century (Spring 2013, Winter 2016)
Comp Lit 2DW: Survey of Literature: Great Books from the World at Large (Spring 2016)
Spanish 3: Elementary Spanish (Fall 2016)
Selected Conference Presentations and Talks
- “Illustration as Immediacy: The Francophone Afterlives of La Florida del Inca in the Golden Age of Engraving,” American Comparative Literature Association Annual Meeting, April 2018
- “Translating Lost Texts: Cultural Translation and Indigenous Objects in La Florida del Inca,” Renaissance Society of America Annual Meeting, March 2018
- “Hechos a observar su semblante: Unmasking Body Language Politics in the Spanish Imperial Archive,” Modern Language Association Annual Meeting, January 2018
- “Seventeenth-Century French Translations of Don Quixote as Supplement and Improvement,” Renaissance Society of America Annual Meeting, April 2017
- “Sixteen Sapphos in the Comp Lit Classroom: Teaching Close Reading through Translation and Performance,” UCLA Comparative Literature Graduate Student Pedagogy Conference, May 2016
- “Et moy? Suis-je sur un lit de roses?: The Conquest of Mexico in Early Modern France”, American Comparative Literature Association Annual Meeting, March 2016
- “Contested Space in Translation: Visions and Revisions of Florida in Early Modern Europe”, Inauguration du Pôle Californie de l’Institut des Ameriques en Partenariat avec UCLA, Conférence U.S.-Mexico Border: Migration, Translationalism, and Sovereignty, April 2015