- PhD New York University
- Comparative Race and Feminisms in the Americas, 19th- and 20th-Century Latin American Literature, Brazilian Literature and Film
- Critical Acts
- Latin American Women and Cultural Criticism
- University Press of Florida, 1999
- Brazil and the Black Atlantic: Cultural Inclusion and Citizenship (book in progress).
- “Darwinism and Identity: The Survival of the Fittest in Aluísio de Azevedo’s O Mulato.” Latin American and Iberian Perspectives on Literature and Medicine. Ed. Patricia Novillo-Corvalán. Routledge, 2015. 105-126.
- Comparative Perspectives on the Black Atlantic. Co-editor with Jossianna Arroyo. Special issue of Comparative Literature Studies 49.2 (2012).
Field of InterestLatin American Cultural Studies, Comparative Race and Feminisms in the Americas, 19th- and 20th-Century Latin American Literature and Film
Field of StudyLatin America
• GS 201 Introduction to Interdisciplinary Methods in Gender Studies